- Antibacterial Dish Soap (Dawn is the most gentle)
- Hair Conditioner or Olive Oil
- Small bowl
- Paper Towels
- Rubber Band
- add equal parts antibacterial dish soap and hair conditioner
- Swirl make-up brush into mixture
- Gently swipe make-up brush (one at a time) back and forth several times on your hand to get the excess makeup out
- Rinse each brush under warm water while swiping it over your hand
- Once the water runs clean, set your brush aside. Repeat until you've rinsed all of your brushes.
- Press out excess water down the length of the brush
- Pat dry with a paper towel
- Wrap the tops of the brushes with a rubber band
- Hang brushes on a wall hook. or to the top of a faucet (that you won't be using) bristles down
Hanging your brushes bristles down will help the water to seep out of the brush entirely. Hanging them this way will also help your bristles to maintain their natural shape.