- Pillar Candle
- Digital Photo
- White Tissue Paper
- Plain Printer Paper
- Wax Paper
- Heating tool
- Pick the photo you want to work with and prep your paper.
- Place a piece of white tissue paper and cut it so that it's just a bit larger than a plain piece of printer paper. Fold over and tape the excess tissue paper to the back of your printer paper. Place it into your printer so that the tissue paper is the side that gets printed on. *Make sure to set your printer paper properties on transparency film! This setting prints perfectly on tissue paper!
- Remove the tissue paper from the printer paper and trim your image.
- Place the image onto your pillar candle ink side up.
- Take a piece of wax paper (larger than your candle) and wrap it around your candle, with the waxy side touching the tissue paper. Use the excess wax paper as a place to grab on to so you can hold the wax paper on the entire time.
- Use heating tool and gently heat the wax paper so it melts over your image.
- Once you see your image come through the paper clearly, stop heating and slowly peel the wax paper away from the candle.
- If you happen to see any bits of wax sticking up, use your finger to lightly pat down (or wipe away) the flakes.
See blog post for detailed instructions, photos, and tips for a successful DIY project!