Why I Love My Steamer!
My favorite 5-Quart Food Steamer for only $15.99!
I like to eat healthy, but I am so busy that it is really hard. I used to just open something easy and heat it up and then feel guilty about what I was feeding my family. That was until I found my Steamer! For less time than it takes to make boxed macaroni and cheese, I can make fresh healthy food that my family loves to eat!
Whenever I post about my Food Steamer, people ask what I cook in mine. So here are 4 of my family’s favorite meals we cook in ours:
1. Steamed Talapia with Corn on the Cob. Yum! This is a family favorite and it is also one of the easiest things I make. I just put the fresh Talapia Fillets in the bottom layer of the steamer. I put lemon slices and fresh dill on top of the fish with just a little bit of salt and pepper. On the top layer I put in the shucked corn on the cob. Then I just set the timer to the fish setting and wait for the deliciousness! So easy, so healthy, and my family loves it!
2. Potstickers with Rice. My family loves Pot Stickers and I found some at Costco that are healthy and really good. This is a meal that my kids make. My 10 year old made this for lunch over the weekend all by herself. You just put your Potstickers in the bottom layer and put rice in a rice bowl in the top layer. That is really it. The Potstickers come out perfect and the rice is fluffy. They add some soy sauce and they are happy!
3. Marinated Chicken Breasts with Red Potatoes and Broccoli. I love this meal! I marinate the chicken the night before then I put the chicken breasts in the bottom part of the steamer. I put baby red potatoes that are cut in half and fresh broccoli in the top layer and salt and pepper them. I set the timer and then we enjoy! My kids like butter on their potatoes and broccoli but I love them just the way they are!
4. Crab Legs with Mini Corn and Potatoes. Crab is an amazing lean protein that tastes like you are cheating! My hubby got to know the guys at the meat department at our store and found out they deeply discount bags of small crab pieces that they can’t sell individually. We get these for about $4 a pound for the crab. You just put the crab in the bottom and the mini corn and potatoes on the top. I don’t even salt it because the crab flavors the veggies and it comes out perfect every time! This is a family favorite!
These are just a few ideas, you can use this for anything that you would steam. We use it alot for veggies like zucchini and even rhubarb. It’s great for clams and other seafood. I would love to hear how you use yours!
- See our favorite Amazon Deals!
- Want free shipping? Sign up for Amazon Mom!
- Because Amazon’s prices fluctuate so much and some times so quickly, please don’t be mad at me if you miss this great price! Also, see why we ♥ Amazon Prime for free shipping! This post contains our affiliate link. Please read our DISCLOSURE POLICY here.