Okay I am trying not to be annoyed at my husband. Cathy and I went away this weekend to teach a class in Eastern Idaho and while I was gone this is how my husband spent our money.
He did not do anything big; I just get a little annoyed at unnecessary expenditures. Do I need an intervention?
1. He took the kids to Carl’s Jr: This one bugged me the least. I am sure my kids liked it and we don’t do it very often, so it really is not that big of a deal.
BUT HELLO! We have a pantry stocked FULL of can soup, mac n’ cheese, and cereal. Plus a freezer bursting with pizza, bagel bites and tots. This would have cost less than $1. Carl’s cost $10 or more I am sure.
2. He bought 3 boxes of light bulbs at Lowes: He was trying to be helpful and probably didn’t realize I already have a stash of light bulbs in the laundry room and I could have scored some cheap ones at Target with coupons.
3. He rented old kids movies at the video store: This one bugged me big time and he knew it! We live one block from the Library where you can rent the same video for FREE, and he usually forgets to return these costing us way more money than we planned. Eeek. I did find out that he ACTUALLY returned them the next day. Phew.
So none of these were a big deal, but I have to admit I had to keep myself from being a little irritated about them. I HATE UNNECESSARY EXPENSES!
Props to my hubby though. I came home to a CLEAN house this weekend. Woot, woot!
So I want to know.
Which expenses bug you?
What are your unnecessary expenses?
Ok in reading your comments I am totally feeling bad. I should not have used my hubby as an example, he is a great guy and perfect for me because he is very minimal in the unnecesary expenses. These things were just on my mind because they just recently happened and thought I could use them as examples. My husband is a total DIY guy and is great at cutting costs! I was just admitting that I do get irritated over dumb things sometimes.
In fact here are a few example of how I have spent money I maybe did not need to.
1. Fruit Snacks: Ok I got them for FREE and .10 a box, but do my kids really need them? I go back and forth on this one. They like them yes, and are excited when they get some, but they are not healthy and even thought they were cheap I still paid tax on top of that.
2. Running to Costco for Milk: Sometimes I will run to Costco to get milk instead of paying and extra .15 a gallon at Albertsons. Unless I need several other items at Costco it really is not worth the gas to drive. So I try to think of things I need there to justify the trip.
3. Clothes: When I buy clothes I buy them on a good sale or at garage sales. It is nice to have new things. but sometimes I look at my closet or my kids closet FULL of clothes and think, even though they were cheap it does not mean we need so many. I would have saved more by not buying them in the first place.
OK so if you do not want to sound like you are ragging on your hubby like I probably just did…..
Tell me: What unnecessary expenses do you make?
or you can vent a little, we won’t judge you. 🙂
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again