Target Price Matching Policy
You can print the policy by clicking here. If you are planning on price matching, don’t leave home without it!
How does price matching work?
If you find an item in a competitor’s printed ad that is priced lower than it is at your Target store, we will match the price. The competitor’s ad must be local and current, and the product must be the identical item, brand name, quantity and model number. Target.com is excluded from our price matching policy. Competitor catalogs can also be ad matched as long as the catalog displays a valid date and meets all other qualifications.
What if I’ve already made the purchase at Target?
No problem. Within seven days of purchase, bring your Target receipt and the competitor ‘s current printed ad. We will reimburse the savings to you.
What qualifies as proof of a competitor’s advertisement?
Please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of competitive pricing.
What does ‘identical store item’ mean?
The program covers items with the identical brand name, size, weight, quantity and model number of the item at Target stores. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the product.
Can I use coupons when price matching?
A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target’s normal coupon policy. When the guests presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price.
Combining both a Target and Manufacturer Coupons:
The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it.
Target does not ad match a competitors coupon-required offers.
What do you mean by local retail competitors?
This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.
What about online price matching?
All online pricing, including Target.com, is excluded from our price matching policy, as well as online retail promotions or products advertised on another company’s web or mobile sites.
Other price matching exclusions include:
- Online prices, including Target.com
- Promotions or products advertised on another company’s web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.
- Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
- Membership club or loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card)
- Coupon-required or giftcard offers
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off
- Competitor’s free product, buy one, get one, bundled offers, or special purchases
- Mobile coupons
- Sales tax promotions
- Damaged product or opened packaging
- Clearance or closeout items
- Mail in offers or instant rebates
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
- Going-out-of-business liquidations
- Special financing
- Used or previously owned items
- Display merchandise
- Pricing or typographical errors
- Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)
- Non-branded items (e.g. produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers
- Expired Ads