Sparkler Safety Cup

sparklercup

The Fourth of July is just around the corner, which means, BBQ’s, red, white and blue, and of course fireworks!!  My son has always liked how sparklers look when they are going, but has also always been scared to hold them.  He doesn’t like getting sparked by them.  When I saw this simple solution floating around Pinterest Land, I knew we had to try it out.  Now he wants to do sparklers every night!!  If your child is a bit timid about them, just grab a cup…works great!!

MATERIALS NEEDED:

IMG_5596 (460x700)

Red solo cup

screwdriver

sparklers

DIRECTIONS:

IMG_5597 (467x700) IMG_5598 (467x700)

Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup with a screwdriver.

IMG_5600 (700x467)

Place end of sparkler into the hole from the bottom side of the cup.  Have child hold stick of sparkler from the inside of the cup.

Sparkle away!!

Comments

  • amy bass

    This is a terrible idea. If the plastic melts, it will spread and mold to the childs hand, causing a much more severe burn than a spark from the actual sparkler.

  • Amy, I appreciate your comment. Sparklers, in my experience have been fairly safe to begin with, my son just doesn’t like how it sparks his hands. For us, this was a great solution…now he loves them! We have done it many times, and never had a problem with the plastic cup melting or even having a melt mark on it. But, I appreciate your concern.

Leave a Reply

Want to see your picture by your comment? Get your custom avatar by registering for free at Gravatar.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *