- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- any additional desired toppings
- Make sure that shredded zucchini is squeezed dry as much as possible! (See blog post for how to remove the liquid from shredded zucchini.)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven to preheat for about 30 minutes. The oven and the stone/pan need to be nice and hot before you put the crust in the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and lightly beat them. Then add the zucchini, almond flour, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Stir to mix it all together, until well combined.
- Grease or use nonstick cooking spray on a piece of parchment paper. Place the parchment on a pizza peel or baking sheet turned upside down, some sort of apparatus that allows you to slide the parchment with crust onto the preheated stone/pan that's in the oven.
- Dump the crust mixture onto the prepared parchment. Press the mixture evenly into a 10-inch circle, or whatever desired shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slide the parchment with crust onto the preheated pizza stone/pan. Bake for about 15 minutes, until edges are golden brown and crust is firm. The bottom of the crust will also be golden brown.
- Remove crust and parchment from oven and top with pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and your desired pizza toppings. Return pizza to oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes, depending on toppings. If desired, garnish with fresh basil or Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese.
If you don't want to use almond flour, try using 1/4 cup all-purpose flour instead. Use fat free cheese to get one slice for just 2 Freestyle Points!