- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 2 cans great northern beans (or other white beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional)
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the slow cooker pot. Then add the chicken and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours in the slow cooker.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker once cooked through and shred. Then return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve with shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, or other garnishes, if desired.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Dice chicken into 1-2 inch cubes. Saute with the onions in the oil for a few minutes, then stir in all the other ingredients.
- Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. You can quick release or natural release!
- OR, leave your chicken breasts whole and place them on top of all the other ingredients.
- Cook for 20 minutes, quick release, and use a fork to remove chicken.
- Shred the chicken and then stir it back into the soup.
Saute the onion first if you prefer a softer onion.
Add more or less chicken broth to bring the chili to your desired consistency.