- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium until melted, but do not cook (about 5 minutes if directly from fridge).
- Cool to tepid (about 10 minutes)
- Add the remaining ingredients into a kneader. Mix until blended and then knead for 5-8 minutes (I Love my bread hook attachment!)
- Let it rise double (about 45 minutes) and cut into 16 or 32 equal parts. I flop the whole thing out onto a floured counter, and cut it into 4ths, then each 4th into 4th. If I want smaller biscuits, I cut each 4th into 1/2.
- Shape cut pieces in oval to form bunny
- Place on baking tray lined with baking paper or Sil Pat and cut the ears with scissors. Use the scissor points to make the eyes
- Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.