Tuna Pasta Salad with Avocado
- 2 cups seashell pasta
- 1/4 cup bottled, fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 (6 ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, rinse briefly under cold water and drain again.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian dressing, basil, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, tomato, avocado, red onion and olives.
- Add the dressing mix and toss until evenly coated.
- Line plates with the lettuce leaves and spoon salad on top.