- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, beans and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 9 servings.