Take Out Fake Out Black Bean Pizza
Instead of calling the delivery guy, why not try a little DIY? I found this recipie in a magazine awhile back and …YUM!! It’s fun and easy to make, with lots of variations and the only pizza I don’t feel guilty eating 3 slices of!
Black Bean Pizza
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 12 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
You will need:
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 16 oz. pizza dough, regular or whole wheat (I usually use 2 of the Jiffy box pizza doughs. They’re cheap and only need 5 min to rise)
- 1 cup finely shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar
I also like to add:
- Chopped olives
- Cooked chicken breast, finely shredded
- Chopped red onion
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place and empty baking sheet (or pizza pan) on the middle rack.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomatoes, scallions, cumin, chili powder, avocado, salt, and black pepper, (and whatever else you like!) Set aside.
3. Working on a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough into a 13 inch circle. Transfer to warmed baking sheet and crimp the edges slightly to form a lip at the edge of the crust. Top with black bean mixture, sprinkle with the cheese and bake aprox. 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into 8 slices and serve!
Recipie and Photo Credit: Fitness Magazine