- 1 C Butter (softened)
- 3/4 C Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 C Sugar
- 3/4 C Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tblsp Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tarter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 C Flour
Sour Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 2/3 C powdered sugar
- Red Food Coloring
- Cream together Butter, Vegetable Oil, Sugars, Water, and Eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients and fold into butter mixture.
- Mix well.
- Dough will be a little dry but sticky enough to form a ball.
- Roll dough into golf ball sized ball and place it on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass or back of a spatula to give it the jagged edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 min until puffy and dry, but not browned.
Sour Cream Frosting Instructions
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, sour cream, vanilla, food coloring and salt.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.