- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Food Coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.