- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces Monterrey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Cheddar Jack Cheese
- salsa or sour cream, to garnish or pepper, slices to garnish
- Saute onion, garlic and red pepper in 1 teaspoon butter for 3 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and taco seasoning, and saute for 3-4 minutes, set aside.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each tortilla.
- Place the tortillas butter-side down on a griddle.
- Sprinkle cheese and zucchini mix over half of each tortilla.
- Then fold the tortilla over.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 min on each side or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa/sour cream, peppers.etc.
Variation: For a non spicy version use Monterrey Jack Cheese instead of Pepper Jack.