Spiced Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I absolutely love this time of year…perfect weather, beautiful colors, and fall flavors. This recipe is full of fall flavors with the cinnamon and nutmeg, and the allspice totally adds a kick to a great cookie!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter (find Peanut Butter Deals)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ – 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Beat until mixed, scraping sides of bowl. Add eggs and vanilla. Gradually pour in flour. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- With a small spoon or cookie scoop, place cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I like to line mine with a Silpat). Bake in a 375° oven for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool. Serve with milk. Makes about 4 dozen.