- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (can use frozen corn)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, for juicing over the salad
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Creamy Avocado Dressing:
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeds removed
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Salt the water and stir in the pasta.
- Cook until al dente.
- Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the Creamy Avocado Dressing.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, black beans, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, corn, and chopped avocado.
- Pour dressing over pasta salad and stir until salad is well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the salad, so the avocados don't brown.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve at room temperature or chilled.