Southwest Chicken Pie
Use up some of that canned corn from Albertson’s HOT promo this week in this rich chicken pie!
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 1/4 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice ( I used flavored Uncle Ben’s)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup prepared salsa
- 3/4 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place a pie crust into a pie dish, and bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 of an 8-ounce package of Cheddar cheese onto the crust, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, instant rice, black beans, corn, black olives, sour cream, salsa, 3/4 of 8-ounce package of Cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and pour the mixture into the partially-baked crust. Top the pie with the remaining crust, seal the edges of the pie, and cut slits into the top crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and check to see if the crust is becoming too brown. If it is, wrap a strip of aluminum foil around the edge of the crust. Bake until the pie is golden brown and bubbling, 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Allow the pie to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Photo and recipe courtesy of allrecipes.