There are few things in life that I love as much as I love smores! There is something about the ooey gooey goodness of the marshmallows with the crunch of graham crackers and melty chocolate that floods my mind with fun family memories and makes life’s cares float away. Obviously I don’t always get the chance to camp and make smores around a fire so this delicious recipe for Smores Brownies is definitely a fantastic way to enjoy this family favorite in the comfort of your own home. We love to make these for movie nights or as a great dessert after a family meal. They are also always a huge hit at family gatherings! You can typically get great deals on Marshmallows, Chocolate Bars, and Graham Crackers starting Memorial weekend and going through out the summer so this is also a very budget friendly treat! If you are like me you probably already have brownies in your stockpile, I like to stock up on them when I can get them for $0.50 or less!
These are a great make ahead treat as well since it takes only a few minutes to prep all the ingredients and whip the brownies up. You can always go ahead and make these the night before or even a couple of days prior. I have even been known to make them over the weekend and then wrap up individually to toss in lunchboxes or as a sweet treat at the ball field!
Let cool and then serve.
Doesn’t this look absolutely amazing?! I think I am going to need to go ahead and whip up an extra batch now because they never last long around our house.
- 1 Brownie Mix Box
- 3 Chocolate Bars
- 1 1/2 cups of Marshmallows (I usually use the minis, but if I don't have enough I cut the big ones)
- 1/2 package Crushed Graham Crackers
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water depending on your brownie mix instructions
- Prepare Brownie mix according to package directions.
- Bake in oven according to package directions.
- While the brownie is baking cut chocolate into bite size pieces, cut marshmallows if necessary, crush crackers.
- 5 minutes before it is done pull it out and place marshmallows evenly across the brownie.
- The marshmallows are like the glue to hold the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle the crackers across evenly and then top with chocolate pieces.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the marshmallow's and chocolate.
- If you like your grahams and marshmallows toasty broil watching very carefully until brown.