- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, sliced across grain into strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 medium green onions, chopped (garnish)
- Coat flank steak pieces in cornstarch, by either tossing in a bowl or in a bag. If possible, let meat sit after coating in cornstarch for 10-30 minutes.
- Heat large skillet to medium-high heat and brown the meat, if desired. Then add the meat to the slow cooker.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients - ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and carrots. Then pour sauce over meat in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles and garnish with green onion, if desired.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Coat flank steak pieces in cornstarch and place in a gallon freezer bag, remove excess air, and seal bag.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and place in a quart bag. Keep the two bags together, label, and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Brown meat in skillet, if desired. Then cook meat and sauce in slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.