- 3 cups potatoes, peeled (optional) and cubed into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 lbs. stew meat, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 packet McCormick Slow Cooker Beef Stew Seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp mesquite liquid smoke (optional)
- Wash and chop all vegetables.
- Add vegetables and meat to slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl, add water, pepper, garlic, liquid smoke and seasoning packet. Whisk well.
- Pour mixture over meat and vegetables. Mix together.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with fresh warm rolls or toast bread. Enjoy!