Skillet Taco Pasta Recipe
Easy pasta skillet meal ready in 30 minutes!
This is an awesome one-pot pasta dish for all of the taco-lovers out there. My husband commented that it is like Italian tacos, because of the pasta. 😉
I love that the ingredients are quality, but the recipe is still quick and easy. You’re not just adding a packet of taco seasoning to some pasta here, people. The resulting flavor is fantastic!
Cook up the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. You can use onion powder and garlic powder in a pinch. Stir regularly while cooking and breaking the meat into small pieces.
By the way, I love the Zyliss stir-fry spatula. I have two of them now and have even given a few away as gifts. It is my go-to utensil when I need to brown ground beef, stir-fry, or anything that involves stirring and a hot pan.
It is pretty awesome that you don’t have to cook the pasta in a separate pot! Just cook it together with the sauce and beans and eventually the pasta will be come tender and absorb most of the liquid. Magical, I tell ya.
If you pasta isn’t tender yet, but all the liquid is absorbed, you can try adding a bit more chicken broth. But if you have the measurements right, you shouldn’t have any problems.
I like to use black beans, but you can change up the beans to any kind you like. Top it off with some fresh cilantro and sour cream, serve along side a green salad, and you’ve got yourself an easy and delicious meal!
Add this recipe to your dinner menu this week! It only takes 30 minutes to prepare and it is delicious!
This recipe is slightly adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.
I have had this T-fal Nonstick 12-inch Fry Pan for about two years now and it is great!
Would you like to see more of our recipes?
Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Skillet Taco Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup green salsa or green enchilada sauce
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (or pinto)
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups penne or medium pasta shells (about 8.5 ounces penne)
- 1 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro
- optional toppings: sour cream, olives, salsa
- Cook ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat in a large 12-inch nonstick skillet, until meat is cooked through.
- Drain any excess grease and scrape meat mixture onto a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green salsa, beans, chili powder, oregano, pasta, chicken broth, Worcestershire, and brown sugar to the skillet.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring often, until pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the ground beef and top with shredded cheese.
- Cover the skillet for 1-2 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, olives, and salsa, if desired.