- I was looking for a new marinade for kebobs and found this one it is tasty and I had all the ingredients (except the fresh ginger so I just used ground ginger. It is probably better with fresh.)
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup low-salt soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- First, prepare the marinade. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, olive oil, sugar, pineapple juice, and black pepper.
- To make kebobs, score the beef cubes by piercing each side several times with a sharp knife (this allows the marinade to penetrate). Add the beef to the bowl of marinade and stir to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 8 hours), turning occasionally.
- When you are ready to grill, skewer the meat, then barbecue the kebobs over medium heat for 4 to 7 minutes per side (medium rare). Remove the skewers and serve. Serves 6.