As Monica said here, you can get Frozen Hash Browns for $.99 at Albertsons through the 25th (check out the post for details on how to do this). I have a fab recipe to use with those! It’s called Sausage Hash. Now, don’t let the name scare you. I was hesitant at first too (I think I have some picky eaters). But I decided to give it a try and my family loved it! ALL of my family! Here is the recipe:
* 1 Tube ground sausage (you could do ground beef too)
* 1 c. shredded carrots (these were on sale at Fred Meyers last week)
* ½ c. finely chopped onion
* 3 c. frozen potatoes cubes or hash browns ($.99 at Albertsons)
* 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese (I still have some in my freezer when we got this super cheap in January)
Cook ground sausage thoroughly in pan. Add onion and carrots and cook for 5 more minutes. If you are a multi tasker, in a seperate pan you can heat frozen potatoes with a little hot oil. Once heated, add meat mixture to pan. Simmer for 20 min. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let melt. Serve and enjoy! (My kids like a little ketchup on top as well)
ps – this makes a great freezer meal as well! Double or triple the recipe and keep some in your freezer for a quick dinner on a busy night!