- 8 ounces mini pretzels, broken, or 6 ounces Snaps pretzels
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray or use a silicone baking mat. Cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer of broken mini pretzels or Snaps pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small or medium saucepan, stir the butter and brown sugar to combine. Let come to a rolling boil over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes with NO stirring. Pour the hot toffee mixture evenly over the pretzels.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the hot caramel and pretzels. Let the chocolate chips sit for 2-3 minutes until they melt. Use an offset spatula or rubber spatula to gently spread the melted chocolate over the top. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt or kosher salt.
- Let the it cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate if needed to help the chocolate set up.
You can replace the pretzels with Saltine or Ritz crackers.