- 6 cups carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, (about 1-1/2" piece) peeled and minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚degrees. Place carrots in a large bowl and drizzle oil over the top. Toss to coat and add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss again. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake and stir every 15 minutes or so until tender and lightly browned, about 45 minutes total.
- While the carrots are roasting heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Add the ginger and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes until ginger is tender. When carrots are roasted add them to the pot and simmer with onions and ginger for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- With a blender or immersion blender puree the soup. Place soup over medium heat and return to simmer. Reduce heat to low and stir in the heavy whipping cream. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve.
Gluten Free, Low-carb, a great Freezer Meal.