Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes
I’m not sure if you are familiar with Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman, but I think she is the best thing since sliced bread. Or rather her recipes are, since I’ve never actually met her. But I’m certain I would like her, as she talks about putting on elastic waisted pants before sitting down to a slice (or two) of chocolate cake. Yep, pretty certain we would be BFFs!
And like every last one of her recipes I’ve made, I LOVED this one. And it’s perfect to make for a BBQ side dish. But not so perfect if you’re dieting. Now you can’t say I didn’t warn you!
- 5 whole Large Red Potatoes
- 1 stick Butter, Softened And Cut Into Pieces Get cheap butter @ Fred’s this week!
- 5 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled Get cheap bacon @ Fred’s this week!
- 2 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- Salt To Taste (add Plenty!)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste (ditto!)
- ¾ cup French Fried Onions, More For Topping
Nuke potatoes or bake in the oven until fork-tender. Add to a large bowl and smash with a potato masher. Immediately add softened butter, green onions, bacon, and sour cream and stir with a rubber spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add french fried onions and fold in.
Serve hot, sprinkling on extra french fried onions and green onions. Yummy with grilled steak or chicken!