Raspberry Cheesecake Dessert
This is one of my family’s favorite desserts. I have modified it from the original recipe my mom had. We usually make this on holidays or special occasions.
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground shortbread cookie crumbs (you could also use graham crackers and the original recipe calls for pretzels)
- 3 tblsp white sugar (optional, I think it is sweet enough without it)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
- 1 cup Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small package raspberry jello
- 8 oz frozen raspberries
- Mix shortbread crumbs, sugar, and melted butter or margarine, until well blended . Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- With a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, whipped topping and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Spoon mixture onto the crumb crust.
- Boil one cup water and add the contents of the jello package. Stir until dissolved. Let cool to room temperature, but do not let gel.
- Place the frozen raspberries evenly across the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the liquid jello on top of the raspberries. Refrigerate until the jello is set.