- 1/3 c Popcorn Kernals
- 3 tbs Oil
- 3 tbs brown sugar (optional: 1 tbs brown sugar for topping)
- 2 tbs Maple Flavoring
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice mix
- 1 Tbs butter
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice mix over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling. Remove from heat and put aside until later.
- Place 3 or 4 popcorn kernals in the pot with the oil.
- After about 1 to 2 minutes stir in the brown sugar, cover, and continue to move the saucepan over the heat until the kernels start to pop.
- Move the saucepan rapidly over the heat (be careful) holding onto the lid until the kernels stop popping.
- Make sure your lid allows steam to escape or the popcorn will be soggy.
- Place in large bowl, wait for it to cool a bit, and top with pumpkin spice, salt to taste, and extra brown sugar (optional). Stir.