Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
Attention lovers of all things pumpkin! Here’s a recipe you don’t want to miss!
These easy pumpkin spice doughnuts are always a huge hit at our house! Serve them warm with a tall glass of milk and you have a yummy breakfast or dessert!
Recipe credit: KingArthurFlour
Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus a heaping 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Add 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Cinnamon & Sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat everything together until smooth.
- Add flour slowly and continue to mix together until well blended.
- Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans. (If you do not have doughnut pans, you can use a muffin pan, they just won't be doughnut shaped).
- Fill the wells of your doughnut pan or muffin pan 3/4 full. I find the easiest way to do this is by pouring the batter into a gallon ziploc bag, zipping it shut and then cutting a small corner off of one side. This way you can just quickly pipe the batter into your pans with minimal mess. A small measuring cup or cookie scoop will work as well.
- Bake the doughnuts 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. If you are making muffins, they will need 20-25 minutes to bake. Note Oven times and temperatures can vary so keep an eye on your doughnuts to prevent over baking. Your oven may require more or less time.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oven and let cool 2-3 minutes. Loosen edges and transfer to cooling rack.
- While the doughnuts are still warm but no longer fragile, place in a gallon ziploc bag with cinnamon and sugar or other spiced sugar of your choice. Gently shake to coat. If you made muffins, simply sprinkle the tops with your sugar mixture.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- If you have a doughnut maker appliance, you can simply make up the recipe above and the follow instructions included with your appliance or test out what amount of baking time works best. I made this batch in my new Sunbeam Donut Maker and baked mine for about 6 minutes. I love how cute and uniform they turned out! Can't wait to try more recipes with it!