- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Start by making the cinnamon streusel. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Use your hands or a fork to mix until you have a crumbly mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, egg, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Heat the griddle or pan to medium low and coat with cooking spray. Pour a 1/3 cup of batter onto the heated griddle. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the streusel over the pancake. Cook on the first side until bubbles begin to appear, about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Gently flip the pancake over and cover the top with the streusel. Cook for another 3 minutes or so. Continue with the rest of the pancake batter.
- Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup drizzled over top. Enjoy!