Pumpkin Caramel Kissed Cookies
Calling all cookie lovers, PUMPKIN and CARAMEL and CHOCOLATE, Oh My...
I made these, “FANTASTIC,” (thanks Chase), Pumpkin Caramel Kissed Cookies for a family party and got 2 thumbs up from 22 fans…that’s 44 thumbs! Pumpkin and chocolate have always ranked well together, but throw in the caramel and it’s over the top YUMMY…
Look who had two free days from school this week. Thanks to my sweet granddaughter, Annahlise, who is such a great little baker. She unwrapped all the caramels, kept the mixer going, and rolled cookie dough balls for me. We had a great time in the kitchen together.
Here’s the how to:
Start by unwrapping 60 Hershey’s Caramel Kisses. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Cream the butter, shortening, and sugars together. Add the pumpkin puree, egg, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla and combine well. Now gradually add the flour mixing until all of the flour is incorporated.
Mix 1 cup of brown sugar together with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Scoop out the dough by the tablespoon. Mold the dough around the caramel kiss. Roll balls in brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and place on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake at 375˚F for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and place cookie sheet on a wire rack. Allow cookies to cool completely. Prepare White Chocolate Drizzle by melting white chocolate morsels. After it’s smooth, place it in a ziptop bag and snip a tiny hole in the bottom corner. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and allow to set up. Makes 60 Pumpkin Caramel Kissed Cookies. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Caramel Kissed Cookies
- approximately 60 Hershey Caramel Kisses
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (divided)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Morsels
- Heat oven to 375˚F. Remove wrappers from caramel kisses.
- Cream together the butter and shortening. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar and sugar. Beat well. Add the egg, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and pumpkin puree. Mix until combined. Gradually add the flour while mixing until all the flour is incorporated.
- Scoop out dough by the tablespoon. Mold dough around each caramel kiss, covering completely. Mix remaining 1 cup of brown sugar and cinnamon together. Roll dough balls in brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and place cookie sheet on wire rack. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Prepare Chocolate Drizzle by placing white chocolate morsels in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave at medium (50%) for 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave at medium (50%) at 10 second intervals, stirring well after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- To drizzle over cookies, pour melted chocolate into a ziptop bag. Snip the tip off a bottom corner of the bag and gently squeeze the chocolate over the cookies. Let set.
- Makes approximately 60 cookies.