- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 pounds fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spread the chopped onion over the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the onion.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, molasses, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, hot sauce, and salt. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 5 to 6 hours, until the chicken is fork-tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred it. Then return it to the slow cooker and stir until coated with sauce. Serve with rolls or buns for a delicious sandwich!
If you don't have molasses, you can try using honey, dark corn syrup, maple syrup, or dark brown sugar instead. I haven't tried this recipe with substitutions though, so I can't vouch for the results. :)