- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 Cup butter
- 2/3 Cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 6 Cups Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Sour Cream
- 12 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 2 Cups cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Broccoli steamed
- Bake potatoes at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until tender. Cool. Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large pan melt butter and wisk in flour, add salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened.
- Add sour cream, cheese, potatoes, bacon and broccoli. Mix.
- Note: steamed carrots are also good in the soup. You can also go with out the veggies, but I love them in the soup.