- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine mangoes, half of the chopped red onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground pork, chipotle, and remaining onion. Cook, breaking up pork, until pork is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, cover, and microwave until warm and soft. Serve pork taco meat with warm tortillas and mango salsa.
2 cups frozen mango may substituted for fresh. Add sugar to the salsa if the mangoes are not ripe enough.