Pork Mango Tacos Recipe
Easy pork tacos with mango salsa!
If you are thinking “Yum,” you are right. These tacos are awesome. They are inspired by the traditional Mexican dish tacos al pastor and the simple mango salsa is the perfect compliment to the flavorful pork. Plus, you can have this meal ready in 30 minutes or less!
See how to cut a mango.
The mango salsa is chopped mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Fresh mango is best, but you can substitute 2 cups frozen mango, thawed and chopped. If your mangoes are not quite ripe yet, add some sugar to the salsa as needed.
When a fresh mango is ripe, it should give slightly when you squeeze it gently. It may also have a fruity aroma at the stem end. Mangoes will ripen at room temperature, and you can speed up the process by placing the fruit in a paper bag.
See this easy way to dice an onion.
A nice bonus: Ground pork is cheaper than ground beef. This ground pork is full of flavor with the smoky chipotle chile in adobo sauce, red onion, Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. There is a little bit of spice to it, but not much, and the sweet mango salsa balances it so well.
See how I prepare and store canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce.
Here are some more of my favorite recipes that use chipotle chiles in adobo sauce:
- Chipotle Chicken Kebabs with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Chipotle Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chipotle Meatballs
- Chicken with Chipotle Alfredo Sauce
- Beef Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Carne Asada Tacos
- Orange Chipotle Chicken with Cilantro Rice
My husband proclaimed that these are the best tacos I’ve made yet! I didn’t think I cared much for mango salsa, but I really like these tacos -salsa and all – and I plan to make and eat them again real soon. These pork tacos are easy enough for an everyday dinner, but unique and pretty enough for a dinner party too.
To make this TERRAfit-friendly, use whole grain tortillas, corn tortillas, or eat it without a tortilla!
This recipe is from The America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook.
Love this T-fal Skillet! I’ve had it for a few years now and it is still in great condition. To keep it nice, I hand wash and avoid metal utensils. I always reach for my favorite silicone stir-fry spatula when I can!
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Pork Mango Tacos Recipe
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine mangoes, half of the chopped red onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground pork, chipotle, and remaining onion. Cook, breaking up pork, until pork is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, cover, and microwave until warm and soft. Serve pork taco meat with warm tortillas and mango salsa.
2 cups frozen mango may substituted for fresh. Add sugar to the salsa if the mangoes are not ripe enough.