- 1 cup unsweetened 100% pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- Combine the pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, ketchup, soy sauce, bouillon, and ginger for the sauce.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and add the sauce. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- For the last 30 minutes of cooking time, add the drained pineapple, onion, and peppers. Serve over rice.
Prepare for Freezer:
- Place sauce and chicken together in a resealable gallon freezer bag. Place chopped peppers and onion in a smaller freezer bag. Freeze. Keep canned pineapple on hand for when you are ready to cook the meal.
Prepare from the Freezer:
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or for 24 hours. Cook as instructed above.
An alternate cooking option is to bake in a 9x13 pan in the oven at 350° for 30-40 minutes.