- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chop the chicken in 1-inch pieces for kebabs, or leave the chicken pieces whole and flatten a bit to help even out the thickness of the breast.
- Place the chicken in a gallon-size resealable bag.
- Add the pesto, rice vinegar, salt, and sugar to the bag, seal, and shake until combined and chicken is coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Turn all grill burners to high, close lid, and let preheat for about 15 minutes.
- Leave the primary burner on and adjust to a medium-high heat. Turn off other burners.
- Grill the chicken over the primary burner with lid closed.
- For kebabs, turn one-quarter every 2 minutes, cooking for a total of 8 minutes. For whole chicken breasts, cook for 5-6 minutes each side.
- When cooked through, remove from grill and tent with foil to let rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
This chicken may be cooked on the grill, in a skillet, or broiled in the oven.