- 12 oz. semi-sweet, milk or dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Milk chocolate chips 11.5 oz. bag )
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips 11.5 oz. bag)
- 4-6 candy canes, crushed
- Break up the candy canes and toss them into a Ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the peppermint into tiny pieces or desired size. Set aside.
- Pour each bag of chips into separate glass mixing bowls. Melt your "base" (milk chocolate) chips first. You can do this in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or in a double broiler. (If you don't have a double broiler like me, you can just boil a small amount of water in a sauce pan and place your glass bowl on top so the boiling water will heat the bottom of the glass bowl and melt the chocolate).
- When the chips are melted, pour the chocolate onto a parchment paper lined 13 x 9 baking sheet. Spread the chocolate in to an even layer on your cookie sheet, leaving about 1 inch of space around the perimeter of the pan.
- At this point, you can either put the base chocolate in the fridge to harden before adding the second chocolate to create two distinct layers OR you can melt the 2nd (white) bag of chips, pour it on top right away and use a knife to create beautiful swirls in the white chocolate!
- Sprinkle on your peppermint candy.
- Chill in the fridge about an hour. (I keep mine in the fridge until I need it, otherwise it starts to go a little soft)