Orange Coconut Macaroons Recipe
This is a simple Coconut Macaroon Recipe with a hint of orange in it,(plus some orange food coloring). Perfect Halloween, or Christmas treat! These are a twist to the basic recipe and are delicious when paired with chocolate!
These Orange Coconut Macaroons are sweet, moist, and chewy on the inside with a delightfully crisp exterior. I think the orange flavor in these compliments the taste of coconut and chocolate really well. I not only added the zest of an orange, but also the juice. If you are not a big fan of orange and prefer the traditional coconut macaroon flavor it is easy to omit it and the recipe will turns out well without it. When these cookies are baked right they are a light and moist cookie, when they are done wrongor you add too much coconut they are dry, flimsy and will fall apart in your hands.
Here are a few helpful tips:
- Make sure you beat your eggs , sugar, and vanilla with a mixer before adding the coconut.This will give you a moister macaroon.
- Do not overbake, bake for only 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Overbaking will dry out your orange coconut macaroons.
3 Pcs Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop $9.69 (was $19.99)
Ships Free with Amazon Prime (Try a FREE Membership)
- These help you to make perfectly round cookies.
- 100% Brand new and high quality
- Three different size ice cream spoon: Small, medium and large
- Ideal for use at home, in a restaurants or an ice cream parlour
- Made of stainless steel