- Sloppy Joe Meat - Here is my recipe for Sloppy Joes.
- Cibatta Bread or Artisan Bread
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Slice your bread 1-2 inches thick.
- 2. Top with Sloppy Joe Meat
- 3. Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Bake in oven at 350 about 10 minutes until cheese melts and meat is warmed through.
- To Prepare as a Freezer Meal:
- 1. Prepare Sloppy Joe Meat. Let cool and place in quart size freezer bags. Freeze for later.
- 2. Grate 1-2 cups mozzarella and place in a quart size freezer bag and freeze for later.
- 3. Keep the bread in the bag it came from and put it in the freezer.
- 4. When ready to eat remove bread, meat and cheese from the freezer and let them thaw completely. It is safest to let the meat thaw in the fridge. So you may want to take it out a little earlier than the other two items. Allow 6-8 hours to thaw. So take out the night before to be sure they are ready when you need them.
- 5. Assemble the same as described above.
Optional: You can buy the bread and cheese when you are ready to make the meal and only freeze the meat if you want to have extra fresh ingredient. Just keep in mind that this requires more thinking ahead.