- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan combine heavy cream, butter and cream cheese. Bring to a simmer, then keep it simmering until all is melted and mixed well.
- Whisk in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer this for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat, just until it thickens enough to coat a spoon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot pasta, in place of red pizza sauce, or for dipping. It's great with grilled chicken or shrimp too.
Note: This sauce will separate when you reheat it.
TIP: If this sauce becomes a little too thick, thin it with pasta water. Drain your pasta, but save some water. It doesn't take much to cover your noodles!