- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla, split
- 2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or peanuts
- Cut 2 tablespoons of the butter and set aside. On medium speed beat the remaining butter with a hand mixer in a large bowl for 30 seconds or until well whipped. Add in brown sugar and baking soda and beat until combined. Beat in eggs one at a time and add in 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Stir in flour, followed by the rolled oats. Fold in chocolate chips.
- For the filling, in a medium sauce pan combine the two tablespoons of butter that were set aside, the peanut butter, and the condensed milk. Cook over low heat until the ingredients are mixed together. Remove from heat and add nuts and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper and then press about 2/3 of the oatmeal cookie mix in the bottom of the pan. When you are done with the cookie mix pour in the peanut butter filling. Crumble in the last of the cookie mix on top of the filling.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the top cookie portion is firm and slightly brown.
- Allow to fully cool off before removing and cutting in to bars.