Monster Mouth Treats
Halloween Monster Smile Treats!!
These Monster Mouth Treats are fantastic treats for any Halloween party. With peanut butter and apples, they can add a healthy treat to your menu! But, if you need to be peanut free you can always substitute it with almond butter, sunflower seed butter, pumpkin seed butter, or one of several other choices to make it work for you and your family! One another note: if you are wanting to take this to a classroom party (most classrooms I have been in recently are now peanut free) a substitution would be a good idea, and an easy switch to make this fun snack that can be shared with everyone!
I had all of these ingredients in my pantry so they were super easy to make! If you are feeling extra creative and ready for fun I think they could be done as a Halloween party craft or activity, but they would be pretty messy! But just think of all of the photo opportunities with your little ones!
All that you will need to make these Monster Smiles is apple slices, peanut butter (or substitution) and mini marshmallows. I have seen these done with only one row of marshmallows, but the dental professional in me could not make them with only one row of teeth. So I tried I did it with two rows and I think it is much more realistic.
How to Make Apple and Peanut Butter Monster Mouths:
I hope you enjoy these Monster mouth treats. One last reason that I like this treat is because with apples being in season this is a Frugal Treat that you can sign up to bring! Don’t forget to get some coupons for marshmallows and peanut butter if you need to head to the store for these ingredients. Marshmallow coupons and Peanut Butter Coupons. You can also use green apples for this if you want to make your monster lips look like Frankenstein!
Cute Monster Costume
Monster Mouth Treats
- Red Apple Slices (I used Gala)
- Peanut Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- 1. Slice your apples about 2 inches thick.
- 2. Spread peanut butter on one side of each apple.
- 3. Tear your marshmallows in half and place one row on the peanut butter of one apple slice sticky side up.
- 4. Tear more marshmallows in half and place another row on top of your first row with the sticky side down. This way the marshmallows stay in place.
- 5. Place the second apples slice on top of the marshmallows peanut butter side down.