- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- filling of your choice (fruit jam, nutella or other)
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Set aside.
- Cut heart shapes from the pie crust.
- Add the filling of your choice to half of the heart cut-outs, leaving the border of the heart empty.
- Place another heart piece over the heart and filling (like a sandwich), and crimp the edges of the hearts together with a fork.
- Cut a small vent in the center of each cookie.
- Arrange the hearts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush milk over the top of each heart, then sprinkle on a layer of sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until just beginning to lightly brown.