- 4 granny smith apples
- 11 ounces caramel bits/melts
- 2 tablespoons water
- Toppings (optional)
- Line a refrigerator-safe plate or cutting board with wax paper or parchment. Set aside.
- Using a metal teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out round balls out of the apple.
- Insert the candy sticks in the top and blot with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, slowly melt the caramels and add the water; stir constantly until smooth.
- Dip each apple into the caramel allowing the access to drip off. Dip in toppings if desired.
- Place on a prepared plate or cutting board and put in the refrigerator to set until you are ready to serve.
The caramel will begin to slip off the apples, so it is best to serve them within a few hours of making them.