- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 21 cooked meatballs
- 7 six-inch skewers (or raw spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- dipping sauce
- 14 small circles of white cheese (mozzarella string cheese works well)
- 14 smaller dark circles of olives or sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Thread 3 meatballs onto each skewer (or spaghetti). This holds the meatballs in place.
- Cut the pizza dough into 14 even sections, in order to make 14 strips that are about 1/4- to 1/2-inch wide.
- Wrap the dough strips around each set of meatballs (2 strips of dough for each set of 3 meatballs), stretching and criss-crossing until the meatballs are covered, but leaving a small open space for the eyes. Leave the skewers in place or gently remove them (remove if using spaghetti). Place the meatball mummies on the prepared pan.
- Bake 19-23 minutes, or until browned. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
- Add cheese circles as edible eyes. Add smaller dark circles onto the cheese as pupils or cut a smaller circle out of the cheese with a straw to make the pupils.
- Serve with dipping sauce: pasta sauce, BBQ sauce, ketchup, etc.