Mango Berry Salsa
- This is great as a topping for ice cream, angel food cake, pancakes or waffles…
- 2 medium-size ripe mangos, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups strawberries, hulls removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Use a knife or hand-powered chopper to chop the mangos and strawberries into a 1/4-inch dice, then transfer the fruit to a medium-size bowl. Finely chop the mint and add it to the bowl as well.
- Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, and salt, if using, until well blended. Cover and refrigerate the salsa for 1 hour to allow the flavors to mingle. Makes 2 cups.