- 6 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus extra for surface
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Stir in the cream until a dough forms, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Knead the dough briefly until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pat the dough into a 3/4-inch thick circle. Cut out biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter. Cut out as many as possible. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gather scraps of dough a knead together briefly, then pat out again and cut more biscuits. Repeat until all dough is used.
Preparing For the Freezer:
- Wrap the baking sheet tightly with greased plastic and freeze the biscuits for about 6 hours.
- Transfer frozen biscuits to a large resealable bag and freeze for up to 1 month.
Prepare after Freezing:
- Do not thaw biscuits. Preheat oven to 450. Place frozen biscuits on a lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake one baking sheet at a time, until puffed and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
To Serve Without Freezing:
- Preheat oven to 450. Bake one sheet at a time, for about 13-18 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
Yield, cooking time, and nutrition facts may vary depending on thickness of biscuits.