- 1 1/2 pounds extra-large shrimp (21-25 per lb), peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Measure out 2 tablespoons of it to reserve for serving.
- Use a paring knife to make a shallow cut down the outside curve of the shrimp (butterfly it). Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Add shrimp to the medium bowl with marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes (do not marinate for any longer).
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto skewers. Preheat the grill to high heat. Cook the shrimp on one side until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off all burners, cover and cook on the other side until no longer translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skewers, toss with the reserved marinade, and serve.